- Complete a complimentary Application for Federal scholar help (FAFSA) online at www. FAFSA.gov for the college you intend to enroll year.
- Complete and/or submit all required aid that is financial as noted on your my. Vcccd.edu portal.
- Get an award notification e-mail indicating that the school funding file review is complete.
What are the other eligibility needs?
By finishing the Federal Direct application for the loan and publishing it towards the school funding workplace, eligibility just isn’t fully guaranteed. Candidates must satisfy all federal help eligibility demands.
VC reserves the best to refuse to approve that loan under conditions founded by 34. CFR 685.301. Borrowing the low-interest, Federal Direct Loan is really a privilege. Some conditions for refusing to approve that loan to high-risk borrowers consist of but are not restricted to:
- The pupil just isn’t making progress or signed up for a qualified level, certification or transfer system at Ventura university. This choice is created separately from the SAP that is procedure.
- The pupil has recently lent the utmost loan amount suitable for community university programs.
- The pupil seems to be or has been doing default or delinquent on federal school funding responsibilities.
- Notification of formerly released student that is federal as a result of impairment or bankruptcy.
- Cases of inconsistent, fraudulent FAFSA, or admissions application information.
- The pupil possesses extreme improvement in requested borrowing amount from previous year(s).
- The pupil has legitimate and relevant training for employment and it is choosing to pursue another academic endeavor.